Why Tencent, a Chinese language tech large, will cease promoting NFTs
Table of Contents
Tencent, a Chinese language tech large, will cease promoting NFTs as a consequence of regulatory scrutiny. The corporate’s Huanhe
- NFT platform, which was launched final August, will not promote NFTs beginning Tuesday.
- Prospects that at present personal NFTs will be capable of maintain, show, or request a refund.
- China banned all crypto exercise, together with buying and selling and mining, final 12 months.
- On the time, it was unclear if NFTs additionally fall beneath this regulatory ban; nevertheless, this week, the corporate was compelled to halt the sale of NFTs on its platform.
- The corporate issued a press release saying, “Based mostly on the corporate’s consideration to give attention to its core technique, Huanhe is making changes to its enterprise.”
- Tencent’s enterprise choices embrace Weixin/WeChat messaging app and cell information, video games, and fee methods.
- Nftnews Today Are NFTs Dead? Is This A Great Time to Buy Blue Chip NFTs?
- Nftnews Today US SEC Sues Stoner Cats for Offering Unregistered NFT Securities
- Nftnews Today Vitalik Buterin Twitter Account Hacked
- NounsDAO NFT Holders Exercise “Rage Quit” Option
- ElmonX Unveils ‘Moona Lisa’: A Digital Collection by World-Famous Street Artist Nick Walker