The 12 months 2021 was a formative journey for Yield Guild Video games (YGG). On this article, we replicate on the main milestones achieved to this point which have laid a stable basis for YGG’s 12 months forward in addition to the play-to-earn ecosystem as an entire.
Group is on the core of YGG. We ended 2021 counting over 100,000 members in our Discord community, 18,500 Yield Guild Badge holders, 32 scholarship managers, a rising YGG core staff, and over 10,000 Axie Infinity students throughout Southeast Asia, India, Latin America, Brazil and Europe.
Under are some key occasions and milestones round our neighborhood and students:
- YGG’s scholarship program formally commenced in April 2021. By Could, we had 1,000 students, and by November, we had onboarded greater than 6,000. Within the ultimate week of 2021, YGG ramped as much as hit a complete of 10,000 Axie students in December, representing new gamers from over 10 nations.
- By mid-year, our students had amassed over 10 million SLP, taking house US$1 million within the month of June alone. Because the program’s starting, YGG students have collectively generated over US$13.6 million in SLP.
- We began the 12 months by rewarding a few of the earliest YGG supporters from Discord with the Founders’ Coin NFT. With solely 300 Founders’ Cash issued, this was a really restricted drop. Since then, a few of the Founders’ Coin NFTs have offered on the secondary marketplace for over 17 ETH.
- In mid-2020, YGG launched the Sponsor-A-Scholar program, with pseudonymous benefactor Flying Falcon sponsoring a total of 50 Axie Infinity scholars to start out incomes an earnings through play-to-earn video games. Later, the Leaping Corgi scholarship sponsored another 87 scholars, and crypto trade FTX sponsored another 137 scholars.
- Group members had been in a position to mint their YGG Guild Badge as an indication of membership to YGG.
- In October, early and energetic YGG neighborhood contributors obtained the YGG Community Airdrop within the type of two NFTs — the YGG Sword and Protect — with YGG tokens vesting in them.
- YGG hosted over 21 AMAs to share YGG bulletins and information of sport partnerships. This included a particular look from Arianna Simpson, normal accomplice of a16z, speaking concerning the significance of the Metaverse to their technique and YGG’s function in that plan.
- YGG Pilipinas, along with supporters and companions, raised US$1.4 million as of two January 2022 to supply aid and help to victims of Storm Odette, a catastrophic tropical cyclone that devastated the Philippines in December 2021.
With the objective of onboarding the plenty to the Metaverse, YGG has been partnering with video games and guilds, in addition to creating new subDAOs, to create extra tailor-made alternatives for the YGG neighborhood. Starting with Axie Infinity in late 2020, YGG now has introduced over 21 sport companions.
Under are some highlights:
- In whole, YGG has engaged with 47 video games, DAOs and play-to-earn infrastructure companions in 2021 committing over US$8 million to assist growing the ecosystem.
- Associate video games which have already launched and are actively performed by our neighborhood are Axie Infinity, League of Kingdoms (YGG has a devoted YGGLOK subDAO), Splinterlands (YGG has a devoted YGGSPL subDAO), F1® Delta Time, and Thetan Enviornment.
- YGG additionally partnered with gaming guilds BAYZ (centered in Brazil) and Merit Circle.
Together with the principle DAO, YGG leverages subDAOs for sure area of interest communities, representing a specific geographical area or a sure variety of belongings in a sport. Under are some YGG subDAOs that launched this 12 months:
- YGGLOK (League of Kingdoms) was the primary YGG subDAO, representing YGG guild members that play LOK. The primary YGGLOK subDAO proposal to earn yield in Compound Finance was a hit. This was adopted by a second subDAO proposal to take part within the LOK public sale.
- The YGGSPL (Splinterlands) subDAO was launched in response to YGG’s Splinterlands neighborhood desirous to observe the LOK instance.
- YGG Pilipinas was established with Luis Buenaventura as its Nation Supervisor to proceed to develop YGG’s presence within the Philippines and higher serve the local people.
- YGG regional subDAOs YGG SEA (Southeast Asia) and IndiGG (India) had been launched to speed up play-to-earn of their respective areas.
Our neighborhood additionally launched a number of game-related occasions and tournaments this 12 months:
- Yield Guild Open, the first-ever event hosted by YGG.
- YGG Managers Cup, an Axie Infinity event between managers from completely different guilds. Winnings had been donated to the kid and youth welfare company, Gentle Hands.
- Game Hunterz, a neighborhood occasion to assist the YGG neighborhood uncover the newest video games across the Metaverse, streamed 18 episodes this 12 months.
- YGG Axie Bootcamp, a bi-weekly program within the YGG Discord in Tagalog and English, whereby skilled gamers share gameplay suggestions and reply the questions of the neighborhood.
- YGG Group Stream that includes Thetan Arena and different community-led video games reminiscent of MIR4.
- YGG additionally participated in different sport accomplice occasions, collaborating with REVV Racing to launch the REVV Racing YGG Cup.
YGG was in a position to scale, create partnerships and develop the play-to-earn ecosystem with funds generated from earlier funding rounds and the YGG token sale. Alongside the way in which, YGG’s Advisory Board consisting of 9 trade leaders additionally helped us to constantly obtain our imaginative and prescient.
- In March, it was introduced that blockchain analysis agency Delphi Digital had led YGG’s US$1.325 million seed raise. In June, gaming and esports fund BITKRAFT led a US$4 million series A for YGG. An extra US$4.6 million round was led by world-leading crypto VC, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z).
- The YGG public token sale came about on MISO in July, the place YGG secured US$12.5 million in 31 seconds.
- YGG’s advisory board began with four advisors in the course of the first half of 2021, after which one other set of advisors was appointed, bringing the advisory board to 9 members.
- The YGG token has been listed on main decentralized and centralized exchanges together with SushiSwap, Uniswap, Binance, Huobi, KuCoin, Crypto.com, OKEx, UpBit, and Gate.io. Thus far, YGG holders who’ve staked their tokens with Sushi’s Onsen have obtained an extra 575,000 YGG tokens for the reason that 2x rewards had been launched.
- Inside hours of the token launch, with liquidity swimming pools being created on SushiSwap and Uniswap, the token had risen to US$1.89 upon itemizing. By December 31, the YGG token was buying and selling at US$5.32 (US$471,260,681 market capitalization). The YGG token reached an all-time excessive of US$11.17 on November 20 with a buying and selling quantity of US$193 million in accordance with CoinGecko.
- By the tip of December 2021, YGG had a complete of US$824 million in belongings within the DAO. Yield Guild Video games have substantial holdings of YGG, AXS, USDC, ETH and SAND in addition to an array of different tokens (sub US$500K every). Along with these tokens, the varied tokens being farmed by YGG, the gaming, DAO and play-to-earn investments by Yield Guild Video games are at present value over US$54 million.
YGG was additionally honored to have journalists, media, content material creators, and different companions retell and unfold the story of play-to-earn and our students.
- YGG partnered with Emfarsis and Delphi Digital to provide the award-winning quick documentary “Play-to-Earn: NFT Gaming in the Philippines’’ which has been seen over 750,000 occasions on YouTube and featured on CNBC. The documentary is available with subtitles in 11 languages together with Tagalog, Bahasa, Thai and Vietnamese.
- YGG was featured and talked about in over 900 media articles throughout 20 languages and nations. Area-specific media protection was from Latin America, Brazil, the Philippines, and China. This contains top-tier media publications reminiscent of CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, VentureBeat, World Economic Forum and Harvard Business Review, amongst others.
- YGG co-founder Beryl Li authored an op-ed for Coindesk titled “A Play-to-Earn Account Beats a Bank Account.”
- YGG co-founder Gabby Dizon was featured on Fortune’s NFTy 50 list.
- YGG execs appeared on distinguished podcasts together with Zima Red with Andrew Steinwold, Future by a16z, Modern Finance with Kevin Rose, Unchained with Laura Shin, and Real Vision, to call just some. Subscribe to YGG’s Substack to maintain monitor of YGG’s finest podcast episodes.
- YGG additionally participated in plenty of panel discussions at occasions and conferences all over the world. Gabby delivered a keynote at Silicon Slopes and Beryl represented YGG at Mainnet 2021. Gabby and Beryl additionally spoke in New York at a NY Arcade Meetup hosted by Global Coin Research.
- YGG was highlighted in Delphi Digital’s “Dawn Of The Guilds: Settlers Of The Metaverse” report.
YGG wish to sincerely thank its neighborhood for the worth they’ve delivered to the guild in 2021.
The staff is happy for the approaching 12 months as we proceed to onboard new gamers, play and uncover new video games, develop the neighborhood additional, and attain each nook of the world with play-to-earn.